Tuesday 27 May 2014

Materials

For my model i wanted to use as much recycled material as i could to increase sustainability and create a clean, more respectable environment. Three main materials i have chosen to use are Timber, concrete and Glass.

Timber:
An environmentally friendly material which can be reused for many products or even a housing structure. My model will consist of mostly timber, from framing to the walls.


Concrete:
A material made up of water and coarse granular materials such as crushed rocks and mixed into a hard glue-like mixture. Cement is a very structurally sound material and will be used in the foundation and surrounding paths of my model.


Glass: Having a very open plan means my model will consist of a lot of windows to give the indoor/outdoor feel, these window as in most houses will be made of glass, another recyclable material for my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment